All Students and Student Organizations
apply for web space.
TO APPLY FOR A STUDENT WEB PAGE OR STUDENT
ORGANIZATION WEB PAGE, PLEASE SEE THE REQUIREMENTS BELOW.
All Austin College students and chartered student organizations in good standing are eligible to have accounts on the Austin College student web server. Graduating seniors will have a 6-month grace period to move their web files to a different server.
Before applying for an account on the students web server the applicant should read and understand the following requirements.
Web Server Requirements
Failure to comply with any of these requirements
will result in account termination.
- Once a student or organization account has been created the student has 3 weeks to activate the account. If the account is not activated within the three weeks, the account will be deleted.
- Available space on the Student Web Server is limited to 10 MB. Thus, users are to use accounts for Web page related documents only. If the student is exceeding the 10 MB allotment an email will be sent to the student informing them that they have two weeks to clean up their directory. If the student has not brought their space back to 10 MB, their permissions will be taken away for another two weeks. If the student does not contact the student webmaster within those two weeks, the account will be DELETED.
- Texas State Law and
AC Network Policy require, as does this server administration, that users do not share passwords and accounts with any other individuals.
- Users must comply with
AC Network Policy.
- The home page should contain the name and the email address of the individual responsible for maintaining the page.
- The web pages should include a link back to the Student Web Server at:
- Student organizations must use their web accounts for the purpose they state on their application form.